There are plenty of great charities that need your money, but that hasn’t stopped someone from donating thousands of dollars for the opportunity to have a half-hour coffee date with Ivanka Trump.
You can bid on the event over at Charitybuzz, a site for high-priced charity auctions like having Hugh Jackman record your outgoing voicemail message or the chance to ask Lawrence Kasdan, writer of three Star Wars films, two questions. (May we suggest: “Who are Rey’s parents?” and “How come Kenobi didn’t recognize C3PO or R2D2?”)
At post time, there have been eight bids on the Ivanka Trump Coffee Date auction, the highest being $16,500, though the prize has an “estimated value” of $50,000 (no word if that includes the price of her bracelet).
A couple of restrictions, though:
- You have a year to go through with the coffee date, between Jan. 1, 2017 and Jan. 1, 2018.
- It has to be at either Trump Tower NYC or the Trump Hotel in D.C. and you have to pay your own way there.
- The appointment will last between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Winner is subject to the approval of the Trump Organization
- And the Trump Organization has the right to cancel the meeting — WITHOUT REFUND — if they believe you violated terms of the agreement for the meeting (whatever those are).
Sounds like $50,000 well spent!